CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break!!

Like I said earlier, we have been really enjoying spring. Caleb had spring break this past week and we all throughly enjoyed it. It started off by raining like crazy, but that only lasted one day. We were thankful that it only rained one day, because then it only delayed our fun by one day. While waiting for the rain to stop, we got to spend some time at Nana and Pott's house which is always fun. When the rain let up, we got to go to Sea World, Nana got off from work to go with us. (We missed Potts, though.)


We played and saw TONS of fish. Caleb and Ashlyn really loved it. Ashlyn was a little concerned that she was going to have to go swimming with the fish. Poor little girl has never swam in her little life and she just knew we were going to make her get in. The only experience she has had with swimming is falling in the pool at Grammy and Big Charlie's house. Not a good first start.




After Sea World, the four of us (five if you include our little dog, Mik) spent 3 days camping. This too was a first for Ashlyn. She thought it was really cool at first. Then when it came time to go to bed, she decided we better go back to Nana and Pott's house. She ended up being a great little camper. We had a fire, hiked on little trails to the lake, cooked and ate outside, slept a lot, played cards, looked at lots of bugs, played in the dirt, and rode our bikes everywhere. We bought Ashlyn a little bike trailer, which her and Mik rode in. They were so cute!!





Caleb finally learned how to get up on his bike by himself. He has been riding without training wheels for a while, but has had a hard time learning how to get started, but he is a pro now!! We were very proud of him!! We had a great time just being a family.




This is truly Caleb's element. Cars and Dirt!






This is our precious daughter learning to drink out of the water faucet. I thought she was too cute.



And this is our sweet little Mik, enjoying her time camping!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun Spring Break! We'd love to get together next time you are in SA. Your parents are here now, right? Actually I talked to your parents one Sunday they were at are church (your brother was doing some of his art work) but I didn't realize it was them until afterwards. I kept telling Brett that they looked so familiar but I couldn't place them. I think I finally figured it out by your brothers name.
Take Care.

Jenny said...

What fun! I love the picture of Ashlyn drinking out of the faucet...priceless.

Tell Caleb that we are not eating the chicks and that he can come see them anytime he wants!

Wade said...

Gotta love the bike trailers!

Glad you guys got to get away!

Kelly said...

Love the picture of Ashlyn & Mik!