Well we are getting into the groove of life with 2 children. Monty has gone back to work, Caleb has gone back to school, and my mom has gone back home. We were so blessed to have my mom come and stay with us for a week after we returned home with Ashlyn. With all of our sickness and time changes, we needed her here to keep our lives going. She also helped so much for a family get-together this past weekend.
We had a great time showing Ashlyn off to our family this past Saturday. Grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins all got to come to our house this weekend to celebrate the blessing of family. We really enjoyed getting to spend time with our extended family.
On Sunday, our church had a trunk or treat celebration during the
afternoon. I know Ashlyn thinks we have all lost minds. First of all we get in this huge "car" that we have to stay on for over 10 hours, when we finally get off the airplane, we then have to sleep when we should be awake and stay awake when we want to sleep, and now we all wear weird and strange clothes walking around with pumpkins in our hands saying "Trick or Treat." After she figured out that candy was involved, she really liked the afternoon.
After our evening services, the church had a baby shower for Ashlyn, and boy were they so generous. Everyone at the church was so kind to think of us and our new little one. This is a picture of Ashlyn at the shower.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Getting into the groove
at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Yea for returning to routines. Now your family will get to find new routines with 4 instead of 3. I look forward to "watching" the adventure through your posts.
Don't you know Ashlyn is going to be a little disappointed when she goes back to church and nobody gives her any candy!
Glad you're settling into your new normal!
I am at a loss for words because I have been so moved! Reading your blog brings tears to my eyes and great admiration for you. I read every word over and over wanting more. You have truly pulled me into your lives and I thank you for sharing your journey. Twila certainly looks like the proud Nana! (Thanks for including that picture!) You will continue to be in my prayers in the coming days. I will check back often to read more as your life continues to unfold.
I'm so happy for you guys! She is such a beautiful little girl. I've been following your blog for the last week, trying to catch up on all that has happened since I just found out about this page. Just wanted to send congratulations your way.
SO happy for you guys!
Congratulations to you guys! What a wonderful blessing to add to your family. May God continue to bless the four of you!
Yeah for "normal" life, what ever that is? I am so proud of the pink bow. You need one in every color now. : ) I am so excited for you guys, but more excited for little Ashlyn. What a lucky little girl she is. We look forward to meeting her.
How is it going with trying to fix girl hair compared with a boy's? Has Monty tried yet?? That I would HAVE to see!
Post a Comment