It is good day when the doctor releases us to eat "real" food. No more pureed food for us. After Ashlyn's previous mouth surgery, she was on a liquid diet for about three weeks. She ate everything out of a cup. Last night we had our fast and easy supper, eggs and biscuits, and she wanted to know if she was going to eat her biscuit out of a cup. How truly excited she was to find out that she didn't have to eat her biscuits that way any more!!


Ashlyn's before and after pictures. I thought it was kind of interesting. She had around 120 stitches in her little girl mouth.

And here is her bright and shining face, I couldn't dare only put a picture of her little mouth, so here is what truly counts. She is such a blessing to us and we are thankful for her.


4 comments:
She is so cute and always seems SO happy. Glad she gets to eat real food again. :)
I'm so curious and would love to hear how she's doing learning English. I'm sure she's at that great age of being able to soak up everything around her.
Nana and Potts are sooooo glad that she gets to eat REAL biscuits and not in a cup!!!
We love you,
Nana
love this little girl, so much! it was so indescribibly wonderful to see you all this weekend. let talk soon, please?? :)
-savannah
A biscuit in a cup?? Are you SERIOUS? Nasty. I don't really like them in their natural state but soggy in a cup WOW. Poor girl. I sure am looking forward to meeting her.I am ready to see my friend Heather too. If you don't get to go to ST. Louis I am going to plan a trip there. Actually, I may plan one anyway to meet Ashlyn. Love you friend!!!!
Post a Comment