CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

We had a great day...

Day 17 - September 26th - Today was a day of firsts…1) Veeka used her sippy cup for the very first time. She didn’t really know what to do with it at first, but we were successful by the end. 2) Veeka enjoyed her first set of fruit snacks. She loved them and even ate them with a moderate pace. She didn’t shove them all into her mouth at once. That is a huge step. 3) Veeka played with a balloon. 4) We can add another animal into the list of animals that we encounter…a bird flew into our little home while Mama and Caleb were reading a book. Ahhhh! 5) Caleb cried when we read our chapter in Snot Stew. (Toby, the cat, almost got eaten by Butch, the dog!) 6) Veeka said “I love you!”


We had a much better time with Veeka today. She was in a much happier mood. We played inside for our morning visit. We played with a balloon in the room that we always go to when we are inside. But after 4-5 minutes, it popped. Veeka thought it was funny. Caleb cried. She lost it for a moment when it landed on her head. It was really funny. Amazingly enough, we were quick enough with the camera to get a picture of it. After playing in the room for about 30 minutes we decided to walk around in the baby home. We took a ball and played soccer in a long hallway and then played on a slide and castle that they have inside. Lots of fun.


In the afternoon we went outside. We walked and ate a snack and played on the playground. She had a great time and acted absolutely wonderful. She was into her “mimic” mode and tried to say almost everything we tried to say. From “woops” to “wow” to “careful” to “oh man” she got them all right. It’s really funny to hear her say them. It wasn’t that little shy voice...instead it was her “I’m having fun and I’ll be as loud as I want to” voice.

4 comments:

Monica said...

I can't wait to hear a OH MAN from little Veeka. Glad she is getting comfortable with you guys. I am sure it gets harder for you guys to send her back to her group.

I loved your stories about all the animals. I am looking forward to coming to your house after you guy are back and settled to meet her and hear all your stories. I laughed really hard about the bird flying in your room. That is such a shocking thing, but funny after.

Perks said...

Saying special prayers for sweet Caleb today...

love yall,
dmp

Anonymous said...

Still praying....still missing ya'll. Do you know yet what day you will be returning? Bradan said to tell you "Hi". I can tell you that the youth group classes pray for ya'll every time they are together. Can't you just feel all those blessings comin' down as the prayers go up? :) Patiently waiting on the next update, The Harris Family

Anonymous said...

It seems that everytime yall write, Veeka gets cuter. I think that it is wonderful that her and Caleb get along so well. Tell Caleb I said Hello.
Keep Safe,
Heather B